Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Exoterra xl x-tall 36x18x36 build log

im sick and tired of these muh fu#*in' hijackers on mah muh fu#*in' thread. haha just kidding. lol feildnstream when you say KS what does that mean?

anyway back to my build

I started yesterday buliding my false bottom and i like the way its comin out so far. i plan on having either two or three pumps/ filters in my tank for water features/water movement.

my plan is to have the main waterfall in the back left corner and have another drip wall type thing made with mopani wood to the right of that on the land portion goin down almost to the base of the main waterfall. i am unsure of what i am going to make the main waterfall out of at this point, i was thinking of using some of the rock background the tank came with or maybe a peice of wood or even Greatstuff or a combo of the above. any ideas on this one?

The peice of circular bark you see by the waterfall area will be used at the base of the fall to house my filter and pump discretely there but still allowing easy access. The main waterfall will be run off of a small submersible filter i have and the drip wall thing will be just a small pump that i still need to purchase. The water is pretty much going to go in a big counter clockwise circle around my whole tank. in order to have a current in the small stream going from the back waterfall to the front right of my tank i will use great stuff foam to seal on my sloped beach until i reach the far right of the tank where the false bottom has a little cut out in the beach slope. i will try to make this so the water can really get through to under the false bottom until it reaches the area to the right with the cut out. i will then have a 10 gallon stingray elite submersible hidden under the false bottom trap door to the right and have the outflow pointed towards the filter for the waterfall. this way there is a countinuous current of water going counter clockwise through the bottom of my tank. any one see any possible problems with this?

if you are having trouble picturing this in my photos let me know and i will use the paint program to try to better illistrate the water flow.

i also included some pictures of the mock up where some of the wood is going to go in the GS background. i am going to try and incorperate the styrofoam rock background the tank came with into the GS backgound to give it some more shades and dimensions.

more pictures to come tomorrow after i start working on it some more after work later tonight. i will probably get to a better mock up stage tonight so i can here some comments/critisism before the plans for this project are more concrete.

anyway let me know what you think so far and please let me know any worries you might have about my set up.feel free to comment good or bad so i can get as much input as possible so i can make the best habitat for my animals.

once again sorry for the crappy pictures my gf's camera was dead when i was ready to take pictures and the lighting in that rooms sucks. dunno why they keep comin out crappy tho i have a droid and usually pictures come out great but i have been in a rush everytime iv been taking pictures tho. Expect better pictures in the future hah.

Thanks for reading/replying

-Sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11a.jpg (94.8 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (87.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 1aa.JPG (96.2 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 1a.JPG (95.6 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 11.JPG (96.9 KB, 93 views)