Dendroboard - View Single Post - Need help deciding on a frog.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Need help deciding on a frog.

Welcome, Bowser! Here are just a few thoughts I've had while reading your posts...

---If calling might be a problem for you or your family, you may just want to consider tincs. They are bold and fairly easy to care for, come in many different morphs/colors and their calls are barely noticeable unless you're close to the tank.

---You may want to also sterilize your tank once its tore down. Fill it to the top with a 10:1 (water:bleach) solution and let it sit for a while. Then rinse, rinse, rinse!

---It would be much easier if you build your false bottom first and then build your background above it. Many people have made mistakes and found that they couldn't get their false bottoms in after their background was completed.

---I've found that Dry-Lok works very well for backgrounds made from styrofoam or great stuff (instead of grout). It can be colored using regular acrylic paint or Quikrete cement color. Just wait for it to completely dry and I also wait for the small amount of "smell" that it has to go away before planting and introducing frogs.

Anyhow...you've got a good start on frogging by coming here. Lots of great information and wonderful people who will be glad to help you figure it all out. I'm sure, no matter which frogs you choose...you'll fall in love! Best wishes!