Dendroboard - View Single Post - Need help deciding on a frog.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Need help deciding on a frog.

Thanks alot! Another question is how many cultures of fruitflies should i culture for just 2 leucs? I'm planning on culturing them about a week or two before i get them so they have enough food.

I'll be starting my build of the tank closer towards winter when i have more time to actually build things, and such. Just need to make sure i plan everything out before I do anything.

So far the plan is:
1.to empty out the tank and get it cleaned out completely. Currently has live plants in there only, need to get those sold off and then i'll be ready to start the build
2. Make a background out of great stuff. Planning on making rocks out of great stuff and coating it in grout, i've heard you had to cure it, does anyone know how to cure it and how long it takes to cure?
3. Paint the background and fake rocks
4. Make False bottom
5. Add in substrate ( will probably use that mixture that i can find at home depot/lowes to be honest )
6. Find plants ( this will probably be hard since i'm planning on buying them in the winter :l ) and plant them
7. Seed with springtails ( found someone who's willing to sell me a culture of them for around 5 bucks, sounds like a good deal to me. They live nearby me so i'm sure the springtails won't die on the drive back to my house right? haha )
8. Install misting system* *This step is optional, depends on if I have enough money haha*
9. Culture fruitflies
10. Buy leucs
11. Quarantine for a couple of weeks
12. Introduce into tank

Does this sound good? am i missing anything? this is how it's going through my head, hopefully i'm not missing anything haha