Dendroboard banner

Vanzolinii 18x18x24 viv

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  bkelley02 
#1 ·
Finally finished my 18x24 for the new Vanzolinii, let it sit, planted it and their in!

this is really the only build shot I took.

I need to get a better shot of this but, I took a 3x3 acrylic cube that I bought at Michael's, routed out a hole for a led puck light, siliconed all the seams, and mounted it into the background. I really like how it worked out.

and heres a few of the new home owners

thanks for checking it out
-Matt

See less See more
#2 ·
looks very nice, i, in two mids about the tank. it looks really dull(except the frogs). but that makes it look really natural. but either way its a very nice tank and hte frogs look at home there. also was the tank orignally a aqaurium?

#7 ·
Thanks guys
I re-sealed the bottom just incase the factory seal wasn't tight. It actually has a false bottom for 2/3rds of it then I made a pond area that I sealed the walls of. I put like a 1gal heater and a filter inside of an acrylic hinged box and routed out holes for the waterfall tube, the two cords and some tubing with screening over the end of it so the inhabitants couldn't get in there and the tank held enough water were it wouldn't evaporate to quick and burn out the filter then I siliconed and foamed in slate chips. I have a big storage bin full of it that have been washed and soaked many times that I keep for spar parts.
I kept a lot of open area so I would get to see them and so theres room for growth. They all over the place in there so I think thats a good sign. Thanks again for the comments
-Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.