Dendroboard banner

Teribillis tank/frog size ratio?

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pdxrad808 
#1 ·
Hello-

I have 5 Mints that are about 4-5 months old and are about 3/4 on an inch long. They eat well and are very bold. As of now I have them in a QT rubbermade thats like shoe box size and think it might be a bit cramped, especially for some of the more timid frogs (2 that are always tucked away in the same place).

Are they ok size to add in a set up 55 gallon or should I move them to my 20 Long then when they are a bit older and larger add them to the 55?

Thanks, Andrew

#3 ·
I agree...shoebox-size is way too small for 5 terribilis at 4-5 months. That's possibly why 2 are hiding a lot. While you could move them to the 20, I don't see the point in moving them now and then moving them again in a few months time. I would probably set them up in the 55 and set up a feeding station so that they can easily learn where the food can be found in such a large enclosure.

#7 ·
Well I am new to this all and dont have any adult teribillis so this is just some uneducated opinion but I would say that 75 gallons seems fairly large and I would say, depending on the floor space to height ratio, that you should be able to place at least 7-10 in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.