Dendroboard - View Single Post - New Tank, Some Questions!
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 05:21 PM

Thanked 1,813 Times in 1,317 Posts
Default Re: New Tank, Some Questions!

I built a rimless glass tank like that for my brother. A screen is optional but nice. We put a 2.5 inch screen across the back. The screen frame was 1.5 inches leaving a 1 inch mesh all the way across the back. Next you will need two pieces of glass cut to sit on top, a front piece and a rear piece. The rear piece will be glued with silicone to the top of the tank. We used this acrylic hinge. Click to buy plasti-hinge 1-3/4'' x 1-1/2'' from Josh's Frogs. We also have wide ranges of acrylic door/lid supplies. Fast shipping. Excellent services - Josh's Frogs Glue it to the front and rear pieces of glass with silicone. I like to drill 2 or 3 small holes (about 1/4 inch) through each half of the hinges so the silicone has extra grabbing strength. This is the only attachment that that front piece of glass will have. Use a handle like this. Click to buy clear acrylic pull from Josh's Frogs. We also have wide ranges of acrylic door/lid supplies. Fast shipping. Excellent services - Josh's Frogs
No getting around having to lift the hood off each time you need to open the tank.
Here is how to make a screen. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/par...ction-how.html

Last edited by Pumilo; 03-13-2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: screen link
The Following User Says Thank You to Pumilo For This Useful Post:
frogface (03-13-2011)