Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM

Default Re: 300gal paludarium project

Here are a few updates after the initial round of planting. The plants so far are:

submerged - anbias nana, java fern 'narrow', java fern 'trident' and a little bit of bolbitis heudelotii.

emersed - riccia covering most of the ecoweb, a tiny bit of christmas moss, two types of selaginella, white rabbit's foot fern, pteris fern, pepromia 'mini melons' and three neos (not sure on the IDs).

It's only been a week or so, but so far none of the plants have really taken off. I think the tank really needs more foliage so I'm on the lookout for other plants that will work well in this setup.

Also, as you can tell from the pics, my fan system isn't quite able to keep the glass clear. I hoping for it to be a pure air circulation system but that didn't really do anything to de-fog the glass so I have some small openings in the top for ventilation. I may replace the current 50mm fans with some 80mm fans to more more air.

Overall tank:

Closeups of the water area (believe it or not, there are about a dozen fish hiding in the shadows there):

Closeups of the top part (notice all the water streaming down the background):

Last edited by the_deeb; 11-09-2010 at 05:06 PM.