Dendroboard - View Single Post - Virtual Frog Owner No More! Dendrobates Tinc Tree Frog???
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Virtual Frog Owner No More! Dendrobates Tinc Tree Frog???

Thanks for all the congrats!

TDK: Thanks so much for your advice. The bonsai'd tree is, indeed, a Chinese Elm. It was on the half-price rack at Walmart for $3, so I picked it up. Actually, I have had good luck with bonsai'd plants in a viv setting providing adequate ventilation is provided. I know New England Bonsai, however, sells "indoor" trees that might fare better with less attention.

I refuse to put anything artificial in my viv, Mitch. Even those coconut "houses" will never be utilized by me. I plan on using hollow cork limbs which I will seal with resin on the inside for ease of cleaning; instead of coconut houses, I will have weighted "tree stumps" for the frogs to have access and sleep and do whatever else they would like to do with their privacy ! I live in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate NY, so that is the "theme" I will seek to emulate, complete with waterfalls and babbling brook (and a few other surprises). Ed

Last edited by ems1016; 10-06-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo