Dendroboard - View Single Post - Virtual Frog Owner No More! Dendrobates Tinc Tree Frog???
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Virtual Frog Owner No More! Dendrobates Tinc Tree Frog???

Your Bonsai tree looks like a Chinese Elm and I see a Venus Flytrap also. Both typically don't make good terrarium plants and should normally be grown outdoors. Both need to go through a Winter dormancy period and I'm afraid the Elm won't survive in the high humidity. That being said they still need to be protected during the dormancy period outside. Venus Flytraps actually are found only around the coastal area of Wilmington, North Carolina and I keep mine along with pitcher plants in a bog garden outside in my yard in the mountains of North Carolina. I also was involved in Bonsai for a number of years and still work with a couple. The NC Arboretum is only a couple of miles from my house and they have an expo this weekend. I have donated a couple of trees to them in the past. Check this link for more information The North Carolina Arboretum

Last edited by TDK; 10-06-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: edit
The Following User Says Thank You to TDK For This Useful Post:
ems1016 (10-07-2010)