Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: My Bastimentos
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 07:51 PM

Default Re: My Bastimentos

Haha wow, that was a close one. Glad your friend spotted yours. I'm changing the top for a glass one today, so I should be good for future escape attempts. For now the tank is sealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore Bryan View Post
I had the same thing happen once. One of my young auratus had managed to get out and was sitting on the counter next to the tank, picking off stray fruit flies that were in the fruit bowl. My friend was over and he said, "Hey, Bryan, is that frog supposed to be just sitting out there like that?" Make sure you seal up that tank, you don't want him getting out again!

They look very nice, my pumilio are so bold for their size, I love them.
Thanks dude! I found that rock in my front yard and stuck it in there. I think it looks pretty cool, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eos View Post
Stunning frogs man! And I also love the arrangement on the bottom right of the tank
Thanks man. Post some pictures of yours, I wanna see!
I almost did have a heart attack. Good thing he didn't jump, his tank is a good 4 feet off the ground, lol.
I'm pretty sure that plant is codonanthe serrulata. Maybe Antone can say for sure, I got it from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefer420 View Post
those are some beauties you got there.. I just picked up a pair of yellow bastis they are great frogs, very bold. I would've had a heart attack if i saw one of my pums out of its tank lol, lucky your bro saw him. what is that red stem plant on the piece of wood?
At first my little guy didn't call, he would just puff up and make sounds like he was coughing. He eventually started though, I never played him any recorded calls either. I'd just give them time, hopefully they'll call for you.
I usually mist once a day at a random time. I used to mist twice a day but the vivs were all soaked so I cut down. Also are you positive that they are males?
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman25 View Post
im bummin , i got males but they never call unless they are placed in a different tank ! only then do they grunt but they never puff up and call , the tanks temp is @ 83 and it not drenched but not super dry (still moisture on glass) even when i play basti calls i dont get much of a response. Kinda bummed out / they were @ 6-7 months 4 months ago .. so about a yr now . They cover the whole tank and they eat good but not very good at calling ! lol .. any suggestions ?