Dendroboard banner

Marbled Cristobal

7K views 46 replies 24 participants last post by  tclipse 
#1 ·
Picked up a pair of Cristobals at Frogday - totally worth the 6 hour commute:D. Thought I'd share the female who displays a rather unique marbled pattern.

Sorry in advance for the crappy photo, it was taken by camera phone. Will post more pics once I can get my hands on my friends digital SLR.

enjoy

See less See more
#33 · (Edited)
I understand but are you sure the hole imported group are from the same region or locale?
And by the way people do mess up with id's. For all we know it could be another morph, species or even a hybrid. After all noone has ever seen these.
Why is there no other site info availible on these frogs?
Why are they not in quarentine?

Michael

#34 ·
I understand but are you sure the hole imported group are from the same region or locale?
And by the way people do mess up with id's. For all we know it could be another morph, species or even a hybrid.

Michael
Yes! As sure as any of us can be given an imported frog. Marcus does not mess around when it comes to this kind of stuff. Furthermore, as I mentioned she is NOT the only one in the import that looks like this.

I don't understand what you are trying to get at. Care to clarify? Why can't you just accept the fact that this is an example of what a highly variable population can produce?

#39 ·
Michael,

Thanks for the pm and info within, it clarified from where you were coming from - literally. Hopefully this will open up some more dialogue regarding this frog.

I am always open for debate, but I appreciate you not flooding this thread with it. We will chat some more about this I am sure.

I understand that there are some concerns popping up in the frog community regarding precise location for these different looking Cristobals and will do my best to keep them responsibly and separate from all pre-existing lines of Cristobal until more information can be gathered.

Lets keep this thread about what it simply is, a rather unique and IMO awesome looking frog.

#36 ·
Just to clarify an earlier post I made. All the pums (in question) on Marcus' table were represented as from the same locale/importation. Also, they all looked very similar to me as far as belly-speckling and color palette. The two females that Marcus pointed out to me where pointed out because they were just the most extreme examples in the batch.

And for the record, they were beautiful.

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's apparent by your questions and by your ideas that you are not familiar with Marcus Breece or SNDF and the extent they have gone to to make sure that all the frogs that come from Panama have specific site data. I can guarantee you, without a doubt, that if Marcus says this is a Crisotbal, then that's what it is. If he said they all came in the same shipment, they did. Honestly your insinuations that Marcus would misidentify any of the frogs that he imports or that he may have hybridized them is very concerning. Going by your join date I can guess that you are either new to the hobby or just new to the board, but Marcus is one of the most respected vendors in the hobby and has single handedly changed the way frogs are being imported from Panama... yes, I mean that. He has made significant efforts to guarantee site data, improve shipping and receiving conditions as well as educate the "farmers" on how to handle these frogs. The beautiful Escudos that you see on the board??? Yeah, he's responsible for those. I understand you questioning is due to not knowing the person that we're talking about but what more proof do you want than pretty much the entire board vouching for SNDF and Marcus saying that his word is good??

#40 ·
I was only looking to help, That frog is very nice and I personally wouldn't give it up if I were you. It may not be one of a kind but its the only one around here and you hopefully happen to have a compatible pair sitting there in that viv. Get them tested.
Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.