Dendroboard - View Single Post - Pumilio Froglet care 101 ......How to/Care/etc...
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
TWI/ASN

Default Re: Pumilio Froglet care 101 ......How to/Care/etc...

John,

You have 5 Basti froglets right now?

#1. I am liking my breeding ratio of 1.2 even though a female cauchero was recently caught eating eggs. It still produces more healthy froglets IMO and I'm gonna go with that ratio for now.

#2. INCREASE the number of broms available for tad depositon. I try to go with a rule of 3 broms minimum per pumilio - male or female. That gives them the choices that they need. 9-10 broms in a 20 or 33 gallon viv is not that many.

#3 Leave the froglets in the parental viv until juvenile size - @ 5 weeks or more. They seem to do better this way.

#4 MASTER the art of culturing springtails and keep feeding out every other day, at least, as the adults will eat a large percentage of them.

#5 Place 2-3 of the 5 week old Pums in nicely planted 10 gallon verts for grow out. ...see...the 10 gallon tank does have a use after all !

Just some suggestions since you PM'ed me.......works for me. Your mileage may vary.