Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 AM
TWI/ASN

Default Vendor Info and Questions...Questions

I have never really understood why people don't use the Vendor Info and Questions (specifically buyers) to try and get private feedback on a potential seller. In light of the recent issues some buyers have had, I would think it could be a very valuable resource...

With that in mind I had a few questions for clarification regarding the rules section copied below:

"Sales, and other related information from sponsors or vendors.
Information requests from sponsors or vendors.
Private response concerning past experiences with a specific vendor or sponsor. (Private responses ONLY).
Website updates or other related items from Sponsors or Vendors.
Vacation or business closure information from vendors or sponsors.
Change in contact information, or address for selected businesses."

The rules do not specifically deal with what is acceptable for a non sponsor/vendor to post.

For example, can I post a request asking people that have dealt with member X (a non sponsor) to contact me with their experiences?

Guess it comes down to the definition of what a vendor is? Is it anybody that posts a for sale ad?

I think that this could be a valuable resource but it is clearly not being utilised currently, either through lack of definition or lack of understanding.

A few frogs