Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: 20L build
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:38 PM

Default Re: 20L build

So far so good. The Pink Quill Tillie is supposed to have high humidity, I just can't mist it directly. It should be mounted, but we're gonna see how it does in well drained soil. The soil is mostly coco husk on one side with some top soil mixed in as well as some peat and sphagnum moss. The other side is the same, just with more soil than husk (not by much though). The brom on the other side I am worried about. Not sure what type it is, but it looks like a regular brom mixed with a pink quill as they have the same type of...not a flower, but I don't know what it is. Seeing as how they where both planted in soil, I'm hoping they will be fine. Being new to plants in general, I'm not expecting much. The only plant I have had before this (aside from the pothos in my smaller tank that my auratus is in now..that stuff grows crazy fast) was a cactus. I don't remember exactly which type it was, needless to say, it died. Pretty sure it was a small Saguaro cactus. Anywho, it need light and very little water...it died in a week.

Apparently, I'm less nourishing than the desert....

Oh, one more thing. What would be good in this tank? My auratus is going in it for a bit, but since he will be alone forever (not knowing what morph he is) he will be going into a 10 gallon and this will be for a different species. I am thinking Leuc, azureus, terribllis, maybe something like a citronella or maybe even galactonocus. How many of what could I get? Don't really wanna spend more than $100, so price is an object (gotta start on my water dragon enclosure 7ft high x 4ft wide x 3ft deep)

Last edited by bloodraven; 06-02-2009 at 01:57 PM.