Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: rock waterfall
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 06:04 PM

Default rock waterfall

Well, my friend gave me this 30 gallon tank and so now I have two tanks and no frogs, lol! But I really wanted to try a water feature and I wanted one that was self contained and didnt run under all of the tank needing a false bottom. I basically made my own self contained water feature with Great Stuff. I used it to create the back of the viv and created a cave at the bottom and a little cliff for the water to fall off and a pool at the bottom. Instead of using wood I siliconed little pebbles all down the waterfall and around the pool and filled the pool most of the way with pebbles to avoid drowned frogs. It works great after a little adjustment... I guess I didnt spray the foam carefully enough and there was a leak at one side where it attached to the wall, but that was fixed by siliconing the whole area of the pool. I didn't know what to do with the cord so I carved out a pipeline and ran it up and out the top of the viv. I'll have to cut a hole out of the top and silicone around that to make it escape proof. I've spent many hours working on it and I am pretty pleased with the results overall, cant wait to finish it and get it all planted up!

front view

top view

~Sara