Dendroboard - View Single Post - So, you want a reason to not mix species?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 09:31 PM

Default Re: So, you want a reason to not mix species?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCreptiles View Post
oh boy oh boy oh boy.. another one of these topics and id like to say im am truely sorry for chimming in as late as i am.. but after reading page after page of nonesence and ppl truely just wanting cold hard facts is just... sad..
Phill was simply making a statement and personal observation is truely a dendroboard fact where 9 out of 10 of the ppl asking about mixing species is normally younger froggers or ppl very new to the trade, hence is why their asking.. and not telling.
with any species of animal aside from frogs there is always going to be agression between species.. and i have been keeping reptiles for most of my life been to many shows done alot of traveling and i have kept different snakes together, large monitor lizards ect.. and with them i have seen no different agression between say a Black throat monitor and a savannah monitor housed together then i have with keeping 2 black throats together. when its feeding time the competition starts.
and honestly every one keeps saying over and over mixing is for the pro's the ppl with expierence this and that.. come on guys.. we all started somewhere and we have all been like "hmm i wonder what would happen if i put my Azureus and my Leuc together" ect.. or just different types of tincs and pums and vents and such.. i hear mixing lamasi and vents is popular..
all im saying is there isnt really a right or wrong way to do it.. for ppl just starting out its trial and error thats truely how the more expierenced guys got their answers. re search trial and error.

but anyway what is everyones dilema with this topic? who cares? whats the point? you truely think by having debate after debate one side will just lay down and surrender to the other? LMAO the soga continues!
-Derek
I'm simply tired of the same people who have no experience on the subject trying to tell everyone they know what is best and not giving any credit to those that actually have experience(trial and error if the case may be).