Dendroboard - View Single Post - So, you want a reason to not mix species?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Default Re: So, you want a reason to not mix species?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyangler18 View Post
I fail to see any 'irresponsibility' in the case of the OP; it is a logical progression that any territorial disputes observed in a single species enclosure could well be magnified in a mixed species enclosure, particularly those with similar body shape (that Ed has referenced previously).

If I've misinterpreted the intent of the OP, please correct me.
The OP is making assumptions that just because it happened with his leuc's it will be magnified in a mixed species tank. This is "simlpy" not true. The OP also stated "what do you think could happen when introducing more than one species to a small enclosure?" For starters you should not put a group of leucs in a small enclosure no more then you should put a small group of mixed frogs in a small enclosure. I would bet if you put a small group of Dendroboard members in an elevator that would not go over well either It is irresponsible to offer advice based on speculation with no experience to back up your claims.