Dendroboard - View Single Post - So, you want a reason to not mix species?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 02:14 PM

Default Re: So, you want a reason to not mix species?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyangler18 View Post
Wow, Jell, the most irresponsible post? A little hyperbole, don't you think?

It's a well recognized fact that you keep a multi-species tank, and I pass no judgment on you because it's clear that you are observant and quick to make adjustments if territorial disputes and aggression become problematic to the health of the frogs.

However, proselytizing about the merits of mixing is another thing entirely. I consider mixing to be an advanced subject that shouldn't be approached by inexperienced novice keepers because there are many variables that could contribute to potentially devastating failure.

Your experiences should be shared so that others can read about them, research on their own and come to their own decisions and conclusions.

Respectfully,
Jason
I agree 100% that it is not something that should be tackled by a beginner and one should aquire knowledge and experience before attempting to do so. But it is irresponsible for members to continue to try and misinform other members with inaccurate information based on their own beliefs and NO experience. That is irresponsible and a detriment to the advancement of this hobby.

Also, I am not proselytizing. I am not trying to change anyone's mind. That is a decision each and everyone should have the opportunity to do so on their terms based on the full set of accurate and avaialable information.

Last edited by Jellyman; 05-14-2009 at 02:31 PM.