Dendroboard - View Single Post - So, you want a reason to not mix species?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 06:47 AM
TWI/ASN

Default So, you want a reason to not mix species?

So tonight I was in the living room watching television and I hear a bunch of noise coming from my bedroom (aka: frog room). Figured I'd go check out what's going on. Turns out I now have two verified male leucomelas. They decided to have a shouting match during my Family Guy time. Fortunately they were too concerned with each other to care when I walked in, opened the cage and started taking pictures.

The way I see it, if _the_ beginner frog (let's admit it, anytime someone asks for the best beginner frog at least half the people say "leucs!") that is fairly non-territorial, relatively easy to take care of and keep alive can express aggression toward its fellow brothern, what do you think could happen when introducing more than one species to a small enclosure?

As a side note, the tank has plenty of hiding places (I count eight film canisters mounted in the Great Stuff, my leucs utilize them all, not to mention mini caves and plenty of visual barriers), is well planted, and has plenty of horizontal and vertical space.

Looks like I'm going to be getting a bigger tank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0176.jpg (59.3 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0183.jpg (86.3 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0184.jpg (83.4 KB, 243 views)

Division: Frog Police