Dendroboard - View Single Post - IT BEGINS! :: 55 gal build journal (my first)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 06:47 AM
TWI/ASN

Default IT BEGINS! :: 55 gal build journal (my first)

Oh Boy... it finally happened. I've been lurking here for so long, and now... I'm finally starting. My red-tail boa's old home, a 55 gal, will become home to my future Azureus family, or some other tincs, or Auratus... let's not put the cart ahead of the horse...

So here are all the ingredients for my build. All laid out in proper fashion. Everything came from Home Depot except for the little pump/filter i got for my waterfall at my local fish store.

The plan is to great stuff the whole back wall and the side on the right to block off a little area so I can access my pump if need be. There's a little pond cut out on the left front side. I'm going to have the water flow trickle diagonally across the background down into the pond. I left some space in front of the false bottom so I can put in some gravel and hide the ugly...

Only hazard so far is that I neglected to pay attention to my minimum waterline when I started cutting. Then I decided that a layer of gravel on top of the eggcrate will solve that problem pretty easily.

Here's an onubstructed view of the eggcrate layout. See it? Can you picture it? I'm going to spend a lot of time on it this weekend. More pics to follow...

Thanks for looking!, tips are definitely welcome / encouraged!

~Brett