Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: Green House
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 04:44 AM

First of all, have a good budget. Plan on $4000.00 for the dimentions you mentioned along with needed components. Temp stabilization would be easiest achieved by digging in to he earth and having the ground floor of the greenhouse 4' or so below the outside dirt line. Also, living in Florida, you have fire ants to worry about. You will need to seal the floors, walls and make a water obstacle around the perimeter of the greenhouse. For the exterior, I'd use double or triple wall polycarb. sheets. I would prob. make a greenhouse within a greenhouse design too to help stabilize temps. Good shade cloth, an evaporative cooler, misting system, radiant floor heating (just in case) and an air conditioner. Another safety feature would be a temperature alarm system in case of extreme high and low temps. I'd research materials, sources for materials, talk to others that use greenhouses, purchase all the newer greenhouse design books and read them many times, research passive solar benefits, design plans and determine what the cost would be, then add another 20% for the cost for those unforseen expenses and upgrades.