As an update.. i had 2 dishes, one with 4 eggs, and one with 5.
I opened up all 4 of the one with 4 eggs and the tads are all doing great (did 1 3 days ago, and the other 3 2 days ago).
I left the 5 eggs to escape on their own, and so far 2 have done so. The other 3 tads are still rambunxious (sp?) inside their eggs, so I will give them more time.
Therefore, I guess either way seems to work well.
As for the cutting the tads out of the egg. I tried several approaches. I first tried using a razor-blade... unsucessful...
then tried ripping the egg apart with needlenose pliers and tweezers combined... got the tad out but took too long... t
hen I tried the 2 tweezers idea, and absolutely worked great! takes about 5-10 seconds per egg, and they get out with hardly any hard/fast movements knocking them around. I just punctured the egg (almost exactly in the center, and obviously not touching the tad) and squeezed with one, and then inserted the 2nd pair of tweezers into the hole created by the other tweezers (while still pinching with the 1st pair). When the 2nd pair of tweezers opened up, it pulled the egg clearly away from the tad, and I just took the egg out with the 1st pair as they were still pinching anyway. Basically exactly the way one of the posts in this thread was describing.
Anyway, I now have 6 Tad's out and alive. So hopefully I can get through this next stage fine
Thanks for all the help!