Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 03:35 PM

Sandfire Dragon Ranch Tree frog dust contains marigold extract though. I remember when I had goldfish, I used Wardley's color enhancing food, and the main ingredient was marigold extract. It kinda sucked, because I had a fish that was all white, and then later turned bright, patchy orange. :x

I will say, this is a great supplement. I have used it on all my frogs from day one, including my juvenile WC mantellas, and they have grown large and colored up nicely.

I have cut back though on it and been using T-Rex supplement because tree frog dust stores better in the fridge, and I get lazy getting it out, as its best to apply every day or every other day (cuz darts eat more than tree frogs, and eat more often).

Corey, i have a question about tricolor maturity. My tricolors are roughly six months out of the water. I think I read once that they mature in six months or so. I haven't heard any calling, but I'm 85% sure that I have two girls and a guy.

I just hope its not too late to supplement. It shouldn't be. Honestly though, I'm going to have to look into another food supply, as my tricolors virtually ignore the melangastor. Throw in a rice beetle grub, and they stuff it down.

I had hydei at one time, but they all died off after a while. They didn't take well to my home made melangastor medium.

I'm just shy about trying to raise crickets. It seems really, really hard. I once got pinheads, but they all died within a day.

The only ways I can really supplement at this point are a few ideas. Here is one. Learn how to get those nasty, slimy, bright yellow maggots (after they consume paprika),

or, my favorite, get a rice flour beetle grub, wet it with water, or egg white (I don't know if that would be harmful to the frogs), and sprinkle paprika. I did a test today by misting some melangastor in a bin, and throwing paprika on them. It got a few grains to stick to them, but my tricolors only eat them when they get really hungry. They are healthy, but always like bigger game.