Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 02:16 AM

Now my previous belief is confirmed Corey. Like you, I raised an eyebrow about a tricolor's stripes were due to something in husbandry. I always thought it was just the locale, and personally I have always believed our "Santa Isabel" could potentially be a "mutt" between several locales. I have seen tricolors with very large, broad yellow stripes that could be labeled as "Santa Isabel."

In fact, all three of my tricolors have different stripes. Claire, my beautiful lil female, has the nicest stripes and nice red color. The other female has thinnest stripes and is more bubble gum pink, but she is biggest. The male is the reddest and has the whitest stripes, but the back stripe doesn't run his entire back.

I hope to breed them. I have raised them since August from Sean. They are probably 6-7 months old now, out of the water that is.

Corey, do you have any suggestion how I can get the maggots out of the culture? I have definitely noticed maggots fed on paprika in their medium have orangish pupae and yellowish themselves. Their stomach contents are visible, and they are a brown yellow color.

Everytime I go for maggots the flies run for the nearest exit, to my distaste.

If I wasn't ripped off by Worm Man, I would have a colony of lobster roach nymphs.