Dendroboard banner

My first PDF(and his home)

2K views 31 replies 4 participants last post by  Sitting_Duck 
#1 ·
Today I bought my first dart frog from LLLReptiles. It's a D. Leucomela, here are some pictures.
Temp= 74F, humidity= 80-85%
I'm going to be adding some drift wood and leaf litter. Once i can find some.

plants
- Pothos
-Bromeliad
-some air plant
-the pink plant, which I forgot its name. Hypo something..

Sorry for the bad pics, I also have a little more planting to do. Going to add some sort of ivy.

right side

left side

cool plant thats in there

Far away shot of froggy.

See less See more
#19 ·
Temps with standart florsecents are about 2F higher than the ambient room temp. Its good that they don't produce a lot of heat because a lot of people use glass tops and they would crack if florescents produced a lot of heat.

Those are my frogs :) They are quite friendly towards eachother.

#26 ·
Thanks

I just fed him, he doesn't really chase the flies, do they usually? When they're next to him he eats them fast. But there was a few out of his reach and he just watched. So I just kept pouring flies infront of him.

Also, I didn't dust these with calcium. I'm not really sure how, I have the calcium but how do I dust them?

Also, It's "reptile" calcium, the guy at Lllreptile said it would work, is this true?

#27 ·
Some frogs chase flies, some don't. It depends on the frog and how hungery it is. As long as he is eating thats fine.

To dust the flies I usually just use a 16 oz. fruit fly cup with a pinch of powder in it and then tap the flies in. If you don't have a container you can use a bag, but there will probably be more escapes with a bag. Then just "shake and bake."

Do you know what the calcium supplement is called? Rep-cal is one of the better ones for reptiles which also works for amphibs. You will also need a vitiman supplement as well, and Herptivite works well for that. And remember to change out your supplements after 6 months, because after that 6 months they are no good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.