Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Microscope images of tinctorius development

Quote:
Originally Posted by azandis View Post
I thought I'd share this post I made a while ago of my tinctorius 'Robertus' eggs. I study frog development, so I brought the eggs to my lab to take some microscopy photos and videos throughout the process. In the post, I also try to share some interesting tid-bits about frog developmental biology.

My favorite part is the video at the end (the second video) where you can see individual blood cells pumping through the gills. It's pretty wild to see!

I'd love to photograph the embryonic and larval series of other species; so if you are in the Connecticut or New England area and have eggs that you'd be interested in working with me to image, get in touch.
Can't really visit as I'm in Belgium, but I've taken a lot of shots of my D. auratus eggs with my macro lens. I've managed so far to get pretty much each stage of the early development with the exception of the single and two-cell stage (which would require grabbing the eggs almost immediately after they have been deposited.

Here are a few shots of eggs in the 4 cell stage:

I have more on my facebook, I can add them later if you like

The other species I keep do not lend themselves well to photograph their eggs as they have very quickly developing eggs and I have not managed to get to them in the early stages.
The Following User Says Thank You to Johanovich For This Useful Post:
azandis (09-19-2020)