Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 07:33 PM

Default Re: 4 Foot Vivarium Build From The Ground Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
I own a trim router and the router in my router table is a medium sized machine so I could take it out and use it as a hand router if needed. I also own a few roundover bits which will be making an appearance later in the build. That said, I'm not very good at using a router ;P In the corners is where things got a little wonky. I used my mortiser to square up the corners and from there reinforced the entire top section of the front piece with straight cut bits of plywood from the table saw so once I sand it, fill in any gaps with paste, and paint it, it will look pretty smooth. Till then its rougher then I would like.
It will take practice, but it's worth it for the time savings and material savings than post processing. Looks good so far with what you did though! Just trying to save you some time.

Have you decided what are you planning on sealing everything up with? Siliconed joints and then epoxy coat everything? Working with wood is making this a very interesting project to follow, I'm taking some notes for a custom viv.