Dendroboard - View Single Post - Beginner Amazonia Setup for P. Terribilis.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Beginner Amazonia Setup for P. Terribilis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahad View Post
Have you bought the In Situ yet?

I’ve been watching them for a while and there’s a lot to love about those set-ups, but in my opinion they’re too small for adult Mint terribilis.

Wrong footprint too — I’ve noticed my frogs like to ‘wander’. Longer footprints give them that unbroken space to traverse without turning in circles.

Back when I was on Facebook this was sometimes an unpopular opinion and there’s always someone with a different take on it — I’m really not here to change anyone’s mind, but it’s just my opinion they’d fare better long term, and be much more entertaining to watch — in a bigger and longer footprint. Say 36” x 18” at minimum.

Totally up to you, it looks you’re doing your homework.
No, haven't bought it yet, and I was surprised nobody else brought the footprint up. I know that's a con of the build because terribilis like the larger footprint. On the other hand, they also really don't like wet feet. I'm willing to trade a couple square inches for the built in drainage and ventilation options, which will help prevent foot rot, as we discussed in my other recent thread. Plus I don't have to ff-proof it (to the extent possible).