Dendroboard - View Single Post - Beginner Amazonia Setup for P. Terribilis.
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Beginner Amazonia Setup for P. Terribilis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackReidMarx View Post
[snip]
Feeding: I'll establish some ff cultures on my own and in a pinch I have access to store bought cultures very close to my home. I'm excited that these guys can handle larger prey, such as pinheads, as adults.[snip]
They eat *a lot* LOL.

As for larger prey, pinheads are tiny. My sub-adults and adults take 1/4" crickets with no problems and a lot of enthusiasm.

I occasionally offer isopods and waxworms -- infrequently as even the softer bodied isopods look to have more chitin than I'd trust to give too frequently, and waxworms are fatty.

(Terribilis are really easy to overfeed because they're unstoppable killing machines.)

All of my adults will take prey as small as melanogaster and as large as 1/4" crickets and waxworms, and would probably take a run at something larger if I let them. Only my yellows will pay attention to tropical springtails, the Mints and Blackfoots consider them beneath their notice.