Hey, Dendroboard! I'm brand new to the vivarium/paludarium scene. I've been a freshwater planted tank guy for about 6 years. I got a chance to try out a Zoo Med 18x18x36 paludarium and jumped on it. Didn't keep good photos of the build process and I'm sure I made a ton of mistakes. Here's the fully planted result. I know it will require revision over time. I expected a lot of things to show up smaller than they are, but that's ok. Also, I think the high heat during shipping killed the moss slurry, so a lot of that will have to be replaced, too. Wish I'd found this board before I did my build! There are some truly inspiring works here.
I'm already set on building a big paludarium as a future project with a ton of lessons learned on this small one. Worked out that way with my planted tanks, too. I went from a 29g low-tech to a 150g high-tech.
No livestock plans other than fish or crabs, but I need to get the top 2/3 in better shape before I do that.
Constructive critique welcome!