No Threads to Display.

facebook

Thread: House fire
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 11:55 PM

Default Re: House fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgragg View Post
Hear, hear. Besides their other charms, no other herp seems as interested in human companionship.

What were you keeping before?
We had a Mississippi map, western painted, res and a 1.1 pink bellied side neck.

The pair was kept separately. The male res and female pbsn, and western painted where in a 210 that was my first experience with foam backgrounds 10+ years ago. The male pink belly and f map where in a 90 and I was watching for another 210 or a 180 To build out for them. The slider was 15, the painted was unknown rescued from someone who wasn’t caring for her properly and she was stunted and in the 10 years I had her she stayed the sized of my palm. She was also the most personable, but they where all fairly bold. I brushed their shells weekly, so they where very hand tame.

I for multiple reasons am Hesitant to get turtles again.. the space required for proper indoor keeping is one.. the other is their life expectancies mean with me at 44 would not want to burden someone with them should something happen to me. Men in my family often go in their 60s. I have always said I want to live to see Hailey’s comet again though.. so I gotta make it to 75😂

I suppose if I found the right situation where a turtle needed my help I’d change my mind.. all but the side necks where rescues. The res my wife found walking across a parking lot in her first apartment when she moved back to jersey.. hence the name Parker. Res aren’t native here.. so I assume either he came from an invasive pair or someone went to china town and their parents said no so they released him. He was a very young hatchling when she found him.