Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Input on Vivarium vent

I top vent all my larger Exos in the back (well, since my reptile room is running 70% humidity right now, I'm going topless for the summer). It simply ventilates the viv better.

I have a handful of 8 x 8 x 12 Exos that I use for growouts, and they are vented on the top front simply because I mist those by hand through the screen top, and I can't do that if the vent is in the back. They do ventilate better when I change the top venting to the back, though.

I vent on the top by simply cutting a piece of acrylic to size and laying it on top of the stock Exo screen. I have cut many assorted widths, so to alter ventilation I use a smaller or larger piece of acrylic. I could also put a vent both front and back using this method if I saw a reason to.

I run a Mistking on my larger vivs, but when I feed (every 3 days or so) I first hand mist any plants/areas that seem to need it (and squirt down dirty areas, and flush broms, etc). I'm not particularly concerned that some areas might dry out faster, since it is easy to counter that with spot misting/watering.

- Whitman