Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 07:38 PM

Default Input on Vivarium vent

In a week or so I'll begin working on converting the lid from my exo terra 18x18x24. I know that there have been previous discussions about conversions and my question is less about HOW to do it and more about WHERE the best placement of the vent/screen is.

As you may know, the Exo Terras come with a built in vent in the front. I've seen a few different suggestions about using this vent for passive air flow and using a vent in the top to help circulate the air within the vivarium by placing the vent back some distance. I don't know if I've ever seen a suggestion of the vent being placed at the back of the vivarium and many of the pictures exclude such things as most people aren't particularly interested in the lid.

For those of you who have experience, would you feel comfortable placing the vent at the back of the vivarium's lid or would you worry that this may cause the plants along the back wall to dry out too quickly? I would like to put the vent there to help with the circulation of air within the vivarium while also allowing me to do a lid conversion that will allow me to have glass in the front for my mistking nozzles. I've noticed in videos that they vibrate much less when mounted in glass rather than the screen - obviously.

As always and help and experience you can provide is much appreciated!