Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 10:57 AM

Default Re: First build/questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfindude686 View Post
Thank you. Yea I was hoping to just use silicone and spagnum but none of my cork pieces were very flat so itís not looking like that will work. Okay cool. I do have one can of it and it said expect single use so I wasnít sure if it was reusable. Any tips on saving it or will it just be good to go round 2? Okay good to know Iíll prolly return the liner then. Are there any other materials that are similar but donít break down as fast? Iíve seen the hygrolon but Iím not big on the look until it grows in. I think Iíve seen other stuff as well but canít remember what it was called.
As much fun as it is to have that instant satisfaction, I would just buy some more cork bark if I were in your position. Fill in the big gaps with cork and stuff sphagnum into the smaller gaps. This will give the advantage of having lots of places for plants to root and grow. This background is going to be in this tank for a while (years probably) taking an extra week or so to get in the right materials isn't so long on that time scale. /shrug Just my 2 cents.