Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 06:19 AM

Default First build/questions

Hey guys so last night I started my first terrarium build. I got an In Situ Amazonia and a box of cork bark. Its been slow going cause I have such a hard time deciding where to place the pieces but it's been fun. Heres some pics.

I started adding some pieces to the sides today.

Now my question is do any of you have recommendations for how to fill in some of the larger gaps behind the cork bark? Is great stuff my best bet? Id rather avoid that if possible just because I will most likely need to fill in stuff on all 3 sides and having to buy a can for each side seems wasteful. Unless it's possible to let a side cure a bit before tipping it over and doing another side before the can dries itself shut? I assume I'll at least have to use some to fill in and shape the cave on the left side unless someone has a better option?

This is one of the bigger gaps that im worried about. It was hard to get a picture of it but there's about 1.5-2" of space from the top of this piece to the glass and it only gets bigger as it goes down. I assume its best to fill something like that so frogs can't get behind it?

And lastly does anyone have experience with these vigoro coco liners? Its a planter liner from Home Depot and a search seems to say that people have used them a long time ago but I was wondering if anyone had used them more recently or how they are holding up if its been in your tank for a while. Also mine seems to have some kind of oily/sticky substance on it (I assume to hold it together) so I was concerned it may not be frog safe. It does say 100% natural coco liner though..

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions!