Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Precise environmental control

The controller is based on the Metro M4 Airlift Lite from Adafruit. This is an Arduino compatible board, that uses a more powerful processor and has a built in coprocessor to handle all the wifi stuff. I'm not great with software so I wanted to stick with Arduino so I could focus on the actual functionality I am trying to build.

Paired with the Metro M4 is a custom shield that takes care of the interfaces to the hardware, letting me connect the sensors, fans, and solenoid valves. I've built just the bare minimum to let me test the hardware, so it is not very cleanly done. Eventually I'd like to get a circuit board made to clean up all this electrical hardware and put nice connectors on everything. I'll also add ports for multiple fans/solenoids/sensors/etc.

The system really only does five things:
-Measure temperature and humidity (working but humidity sensor has some issues)
-Calculate a target humidity (working)
-Control the fan speed (working)
-Control the misting solenoid valve (working)
-Send data to an IOT dashboard (working but still suffers from occasional disconnects)

You can see live data from the test tank here: https://io.adafruit.com/jdamelio/das...ity?kiosk=true

Some pictures of the hardware:

Last edited by Draikan; 06-30-2020 at 08:40 PM.