Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Ethics of keeping legally questionable frogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijl View Post
Imo only Tesoros, WIkiri and Understory provides 'legal' animals. I have no knowlegde of other legal frogfarms. So the only frogs we should have in this hobby need to originate from those.
I could easily agree with this stance.

Perhaps, though, species for which there are many records of legal exports might be considered morally safe as well. Some species have many legally-originated animals in the trade, even if we cannot document that all of the individual animals necessarily are such. Is there a possibility that some non-fair-trade coffee got into the fair-trade bin at the coffee shop? Yes, but maybe that's not worth worrying about. A person can be morally worthy without being a moral rigorist.

At the far end of this continuum we might place the species/morphs for which there is overwhelming evidence that few or none left their native country legally.

- Whitman