Dendroboard - View Single Post - Legal blue galacts?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Legal blue galacts?

I'm not here on this thread to opine on this subject (I have very strong opinions regarding this, but not nearly the patience or time to keep fighting the fight, a million thanks to those who are), but I would really like to see a stickied thread about frog species, morphs, locales, lines, imports in the hobby from "questionable" origins. I think it would go a long way to potentially dissuade hobbyists from purchasing questionable frogs, especially if they are all outlined and consolidated in a clear and concise thread.

I was unaware for years that galacs were questionable, at one point they were a desired species for me. My searches and research for information at the beginning of my frogging career was much more oriented towards their care and husbandry than ethical issues surrounding them. Legal jargon is hardly interesting to me. I didn't think to question that if something was available on the open market, in plain sight in public view, it might still in fact be illegal.... or at the very least unethical.

Anyways, this is something I have wanted to see on the forum for years and am publicly requesting it. I'm not sure it's possible. I've seen this same discussion over and over devolve into arguments over legal semantics, case studies about black markets, etc. I certainly don't want to start another thread rehashing this. But I really wish there was an easy place for beginning hobbyists to see questionable frogs to avoid in the first place before they become obsessed with keeping those frogs.