No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 04:09 AM

Thanked 1,837 Times in 1,339 Posts
Default Re: Terrarium Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr View Post
Ok, that's what I was worried about. I really want to see how all the plants in there grow out. I do have some more branches and cork but was worried it might suppress the plants.

Yup, I have two bags of leaf litter, but didn't want to add it in case I wanted to do rearrangements after getting feedback.

Yes, the entire top is in screen sections and it came with clear plastic inserts. With all the inserts in there's about two inches all along the back that is open screen.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I originally was going by the descriptions off of Josh's Frogs, but just found more sources that agree with you. I'll do more research.
Ghostwood and manzanita, especially my favorite...Ghostwood, can offer some great jungle gym structures to make all the Negative Space usable, without supplying so much shade that it interferes with shading plants out. Keep in mind, if you wait, it may be too late. You want your plants to grow around your structures, as if your structures have been there for many years. You don't want your structures placement, dictated by how your favorite plant has grown.
Finishing the Hardscape should always be first.
And yes, I totally agree with Socratic. You have wasted Negative Space. Your imitators will absolutely explore every inch, of every structure, you put in there. Leaf litter, too. Leaf litter can be so easily pushed to the side if you need to change things up. If some gets left behind, or pushed/mixed into the ABG, all the better! Those buried leaves will decompose faster, and become isopod food faster.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Here is my idea of using your negative space about as well as you can for Imitators and Pumilio.
https://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...ungle-gym.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Pumilo For This Useful Post:
spr (06-29-2020)