Dendroboard - View Single Post - Leucamalas Morph?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Leucamalas Morph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmoonwanderer View Post
What line are you referring to that Josh’s frogs created?
https://www.joshsfrogs.com/dendrobat...dart-frog.html

If you go to the Leucamalas page you will notice this specific frog is the only one that has their logo on it and no morph information. Not sure if that means anything. The natural range says Venezuela but no locale is known. The history in hobby section is what throws the red flags for me. I copy and pasted the 2 paragraphs straight from their website below. It flat out says they breed different lines to maintain genetic variation. Their other morphs make no mention of this.

I may have come off as argumentative in my earlier posts but that wasn't the case. Tone gets lost in message. I just wanted to know if these guys who seem genuinely accepted as a distributor they seem to have the specific morphs and one that is generic. Can I at least consider mine generic and just never specify a morph or locale.

Natural Range: Dendrobates leucomelas occurs in Colombia, Brazil, British Guyana, and Venezeula. This morph is from Venezuela, but specific locale information is not available. Bumble Bee Dart Frogs occur in humid rainforest among leaf litter, and can be found congregating in humid spaces under rocks or logs during the dry season. Leucs are considered a species of least concern by the IUCN, and can be quite common in the wild.

History in the Hobby: Dendrobates leucomelas have been a mainstay in the frog hobby since it's inception. Leuc popularity grew greatly in the 1990s, as many individuals were imported from Venezuela along with tropical fish. Josh's Frogs works with several lines of Dendrobates leucomelas, and pairs different lines with each other to maintain genetic variability in the frogs we sell.