Dendroboard - View Single Post - Leucamalas Morph?
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Leucamalas Morph?

Thanks. We are on the same page. I was more just trying to ask in the simplest terms could I just represent them as Leucs and not specify a linage like Josh's Frogs does with the one line they created. I definitely accepted the answer and was more asking can they be at least this .

As for eating they definitely are but just fail a bunch being so small so I keep an eye on them. They don't seem to mind trying again while I am sitting there watching them with the top off the box. I am actually using a 6qt shoebox size plastic container with an inch of sphagnum moss and oak/magnolia leaves on top. They can definitely eat the melanogaster fruit flies they just miss a few times and try again. I use the Calcium + every time and will start to refrigerate it like I do with my fruit fly mix and bug burger now that you mentioned it.

I would have bought them no matter what size they were since with Covid there are no reptile shows so I will take what I can get. I actually like to obtain young animals because it gives me a greater appreciation when I am the one that that raised them. I get it though from the standpoint of a community that you don't want to see people selling frogs to first time buyers only to have them die. I may be newer to frogs but I am not to reptiles. I keep a master culture of springtails and 4 types of isopods, various geckos, hognose snakes, abronias, ackie monitors, sugar gliders (have extremely specific care), honey bees, chickens, & a long list of stuff from the past.

I am a few months away from being 40 now and after everything else I have/had over the years I have come to love the frogs the most for some reason. I think it has a ton to do with how nice the enclosures can look. While a Chameleon can be impressive you need to keep them in a screen cage which looks terrible. Dart frogs are a complete package in a mini ecosystem. The enclosure is impressive in it's own right. Unlike some snakes that I think you can anthropomorphize and put into a giant bioactive enclosure to their detriment I truly think with frogs they benefit.

It amazes me how far the hobby has come over the years since I recently got back into it. The bad information you find online these days is still far better then the good information that used to be out there 15 years ago.