Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:39 AM

Default Zoo Med t5s??? Questions and help

Hello all. Working on a new viv here, I got what is about a 25 gallon bow front aquarium from an old friend for free. Its a pretty nice tank, glass and all with a plastic hood. It fits nicely in a spot that I like and so I've decided to turn it into a build for two highland bronze Dendrobates Auratus I picked up recently. I've built a screen to so the whole thing is sealed in but I've come here because I'm having issues with the lighting on it. The tank has a hood with two 12 inch t5 fixtures on it. after a bit of cleanup and new bulbs the fixture works fine on both sides, i had planned to put a t5 grow light in one and a uvb in the other but it seems that the zoo med 5.0 bulb i purchased wont seem to kick in on the fixture. I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this. I know that the fixture works fine with any other bulb I put into it. But the zoo med bulb blinks as if the starter isn't firing it properly. Do zoo med bulbs need a special starter? I know I've used their t5s in other fixtures before and the bulb fires in a 12 inch Exo Terra fixture so i know the bulb is good. Any insight would be appreciated.