Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 05:47 PM

Default Re: My First Vivarium Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkubaSTI View Post
Yea Iím in a similar situation. I really want a centerpiece for my living room. Was goin g to go back to reefs or a high tech planted ada tank (I was recently obsessed with high end aqua scaping, but knew that rabbit hole would get super expensive to go down) so for years I been telling my wife when we get a house Iím going back to frogs, so now I think thatís the route I want to go. I figure a couple small setups until I get back into the swing of things, havenít had darts for like 15 years.
Heh we are in the exact same place except you have the advantage of actually having kept frogs before. I got permission from The Wife almost 2 years ago to have a 120 gallon rimless high tech planted tank in the main area of our house when we bought one. I am rethinking it now after keeping a 40 gallon high tech in my basement for the past year. It's a lot of work to keep it looking nice and easy to let it look terrible. I can make a low tech nano tank look great and it keep it that way effortlessly, my 40 gallon has been an ongoing trial. It doesn't help that that tank is all native species and frankly doesn't have a good algae eater among them. Anyway, with how easy vivariums are I am really thinking a 120 gallon with a drip wall and a species that is group friendly like auratus might be the way to go. But... if the bugs gross the wife out too much there is no way we can put it within sight of our dining room table...