Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 02:54 PM

Default Re: My First Vivarium Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkubaSTI View Post
Out of curiosity what made you go decide against the Amazonia model? Been thinking about ordering one and kind of liked the idea of it coming with lights and fans.
The fan may be useful, not sure myself whether I will add one down the road. The light though.... Insitu provide very few details about their light. They basically just say that spectral designs make it and that it comes with a manual dimmer. They charge an extra 150 dollars to go from the Selva Plus to the amazonia. For that money you get a fan (worth 50 dollars if you buy it from them), the light, and a back panel made out of something not glass. I could care less about the back panel since I knew I was going to make a background. And for 100 dollars I figured I could easily buy a better light. I was right to, since the undersized light I am currently using is more powerful then their light (according to some numbers put out on their facebook group) and has an app that lets me control spectrum, timer, and has a sunrise and sunset mode. The light I will be building costs significantly more just in parts but will likely be about twice as powerful allowing me to grow plants in parts of the vivarium I wouldn't otherwise be able to and frankly will be fun for me to build so /shrug no reason to go to the Amazonia for a fan I may or may not ever use.