Insitu vivariums by report have a silicone edge to one piece of door glass to keep in flies. I say by report because mine didn't come that way. They ran out of the good glass so I ended up with 2 random pieces of glass cut to fit. They are a bit rough... on the edges and lack the silicone seal. They are supposed to be sending me the right doors in a few weeks but in the meantime I want to get this tank essentially up and running since I plan to add bugs in the next few days. I don't want to need to remove a door and keep it off for hours (maybe a day?) if getting the right door in ends up taking longer then expected.
So with that in mind I decided to go ahead and add the silicone seam to the door. To make this happen I used the 'credit card method
' discussed on this board.
The first one I did was frankly terrible. Also I for whatever reason, didn't tape off the door appropriately so I made a bit of a mess. I scraped that off this morning and redid it. This time I taped the area that was not to be covered in a smear of silicone. The silicone I used dries pretty quickly so in just a few hours I was good to go. Difficult to photograph appropriately but here is how it looks:
I also got my misting system up and running (programmed, reservoir filled) and tested it (more then I intended when I didn't realize the "stop" function wasn't a time to stop it but rather a duration).
And finally my LEDs shipped. Expected arrival is not until Friday... but ohs well that's how it is sometimes.