I previously said that next would be the light... well who knows when that is going to happen. The place I bought the led components from sent an automated email saying it has shipped but in reality only the label has been printed. The order has not actually made it to the post office yet so le sigh at best I am 3 days away from having my leds once they do get it to the post office.
In the meantime I ordered bugs from a forum member. Specifically springtails, dwarf white isopods and powder oranges. I will add 75% of the springtails to the tank and all of the isopods when they come, so I need a place for them to actually go. With that in mind I mixed up my substrate and added it to the tank.
The ABG recipe I went with is:
1 part sphagnum peat moss
1 part milled sphagnum
1 part charcoal (actually added a little more then 1 part since a base layer in the back is some larger pieces of charcoal)
2 parts tree fern fiber
2 parts orchid bark
I actually mixed up a giant batch, pretty much exactly 5 gallons worth. I ended up only using about 2.5 gallons for the tank so... yea a lot left over.
Here is what the tank looks like with the substrate added:
After adding the substrate I went ahead and re-hydrated some long fiber sphagnum and stuffed it into cracks in the background and in my driftwood. Here is how that looks:
All of these spots will have plants on them, moss and epiphytes of course.
Heres hoping my leds ship tomorrow.