Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 03:13 AM

Default Re: killing the hardiest of plants

@Minorhero Well right now I don't think I'm getting an accurate read on the humidity since I'm using a cheap reptile humidity gauge. The humidity is registering 60-70%. There is no open top, just a slit of mesh in the bottom front (european style). The plants are all in their infancy/clippings since they are newly planted and there are no frogs in it yet. I'm waiting until I get all the temp/humidity, shady spots, plant growth in a consistent and appropriate cycle before getting frogs. I feel like the humidity will raise as the plants grow in and take up more space of the tank.

@Socratic Can you explain on the sunlight issue? If you are refering to high amounts of sunlight, the delimma I'm having is I designed my tank very open with note too many shady spots exposing the plants to direct sunlight for approximately 12 hours. For watering, I have my mistking set to go off everyday @ 8a, 11a, 2p, 5p for 15sec and an 8p mist for 10sec. I originally had it less but the humidity was rather low. Plants are always dry by the time the tank is completely dark at 10pm.