Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:52 PM

I 100% agree we should look at different angles when it comes to foodscourse and you have a very good input and arguments, don't get me wrong. I would love to try and feed them live algae if i had the time and place to grow it.

My point is :

Breeding Ameerega has been proven very difficult, so I hope Mark Will have a lot of succes with this! The hobby could realy use some Ameerega breeders, Ameerega offspring and the 'how to' reports.

That is why I would advice him to get a hang of raising the froglets first by doing it they way I was able to raise them. That already is more work than usual dartfrog care. Lots of potential grow problems when it comes to Ameerega froglets. In my growreport I described giving froglets a big variaty of the smallest insects for example. Fruitflies and springrails are not enough for them.. The froglets absolutely need a big variaty of ver small (supplementen) insects.

So I just suggest to Mark he will try the easy way with his tadpoles before making it even more difficult by adding more work in raising these.
We don't even know for sure they will eat the live algea.. we do know they are easely raised and healthy on just the algae wafers..
So I would try and make the best of the eggs and tadpoles first while the parrents still breed..

This is actualy the same advice everyone is giving when it comes to fruitfly media 😄.. Try the easy excessible media first, later try to invent your own good media.. haha