Dendroboard - View Single Post - Very worried about young tinc (not eating)
Dendroboard

Go Back   Dendroboard
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Advertise

Support Our Sponsors
No Threads to Display.

facebook

View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 05:10 PM

Default Very worried about young tinc (not eating)

Two weeks ago on February 15th, I picked up two azureus from Josh’s frogs at the NARBC expo. Originally, both were eating about as much as you would expect from frogs newly moved in, but they were eating. One seemed to eat more, and was out more frequently than the other for a few days. Since then, the one that was eating more seems to not be eating at all (while still coming out fairly often), while the other has become slightly larger and much fatter.

They are being fed wingless melanogaster fruit flies dusted with repashy calcium plus once a day, enough that there’s still some left over the next day, so surely they can’t be competing for food. There is a feeding station, but mostly the flies have been everywhere.

Humidity is reading 90+ at all times, and temps fluctuate between 65 and 72. Enclosure substrate is sphagnum moss.

Today, I decided to separate the one that isn’t doing so well to put it in a Tupperware container about half the size of the 6 qt plastic shoe box they were both in before. Both containers have been thoroughly seeded with springtails, and each have a water dish and feeding station. Was this a mistake?

I tried to attach pictures of the new quarantine enclosure, the “sick” frog, the old quarantine enclosure, and the Healthy frog in that order. Note that the “sick” frog is much thinner than the healthy one, where you can actually see its fat from the top. Please let me know if the pictures don’t show up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (70.4 KB, 16 views)