facebook

Thread: darts at petco
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskinner097 View Post
Petco itself tries to take adequate care of the frogs but lacks the ability to give employees the facilities to do so (therefore shouldn’t carry them). I have seen darts at more than one location that are severely under weight, some so small I’m amazed they are OTW at that size. Genetics aren’t the best either and I have seen a few likely hybrid tinctorius over the years as well. A shame they carry them still especially considering the huge variance in employee dedication and knowledge between locations. I would avoid purchasing frogs in an effort to not support future sales.
Huh? "Tries to take adequate care, but lacks the ability to give the employees the facilities to do so??

It doesnt lack the "Ability" it doesnt deem it of value.

Your admonish of purchasing frogs to not support future sales is uninformed. Dart frogs and other livestock are Window Dressing.Pet Co allots for all of them to possibly die before sale

It doesnt make a lick of difference to the corporation whether the livestock dies or is sold

Not "buying animals" has No Effect on Pet Cos bottom line.
Purchasing the animals and “rescuing” them will only lead to more frogs being brought in to replenish stock, especially if they sell quickly. As horrible as it is, I think we can all agree that stores like Petco should not be carrying dart frogs. However, purchasing froglets on the verge of death in many cases encourages them to bring in more specimens. Large corporations frequently take inventory, shrink, and sales reports and purchasing frogs would lead the stores to believe that they should frequently order more stock. It is not a good situation by any means and causes conflict for us froggers who do not want to see animals suffer, but educating employees and reaching out to the company about its protocol will make a much bigger difference for the frogs, present and future, that will inevitably make their way through the establishment and onto this forum as they have in the past.